Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Hearts of Children

Yep.  That’s me.  Age 15.  100 lbs at best with 20 lbs being Aqua Net hairspray.  It’s important that your bangs look just right while ministering to others ;)

Red, yellow, black and white they are precious in His sight…(you know the rest) …Jesus loves the little children of the world.  It’s funny to think about how as a little girl --- I was always drawn to baby dolls with dark skin.  Unfortunately, in East Tennessee in the 70’s that was considered VERY odd.  However, one Christmas I got my baby doll!!!  I’m so thankful that my parents made that decision. I can trace God’s hand in my life for adoption all the way back to my childhood. Thank you God for moving in the lives of children!

It was God’s moving, once again, in the life of children that confirmed our decision for adoption.  It seems that since our 3 children could speak they have ALL THREE prayed, “And dear God, please let us adopt.”  At age 8 our middle child would grab someone’s phone and then text my husband saying, “Dad, this is Cassidy.  Can’t we save just one?”

1 Timothy 4:12
Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.

This is a blog about our adoption journey.  And – a long one it’s already been.  I like to think that it officially started around age 8 when I asked for that baby doll.  It was confirmed at ages 14 & 15 on mission trips where I became so attached to the children that I cried the entire 12 hour drive back home.  God has made clear His heart for children and orphans in His Word.  This blog is dedicated to showing you how He made it clear to our family that we had Room 4 ONE Moore.

1 comment:

  1. I am constantly encouraged by your pursuit of God's will for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete